“When you have the best and tastiest ingredients, you can cook very simply and the food will be extraordinary because it tastes like what it is.” Alice Waters
This simple but stunning carpaccio of peppery garden radishes is paired with salty feta, pistachios and fresh mint in a bright summery salad. Use a mandoline to slice the radishes paper thin. A honey-lemon vinaigrette balances the bite of the radishes. Simplicity at its best and summer in every bite!
Radish Carpaccio with Feta, Pistachios and Mint
Adapted from LCBO Food and Drink Magazine
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 7 large or 12 smaller radishes, sliced thin on a mandoline
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta or 5 slices of thinly sliced feta from a block
- 2 tablespoons of salted and roasted shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- On a serving plate, scatter the radish slices.
- Wisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey(or maple syrup), cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the salad with the feta, the pistachios and the torn mint leaves.
- Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette(don’t toss) and finish with a few turns of the pepper mill.