Break out the stand mixer! “Tis the season for baking cookies. This year I’m adding these chocolate crinkle cookies to the family favorites. The recipe was very easy and with only 10 minutes in the oven, super quick. The cookies are not only pretty, they are ooey-gooey-fudgy good and sure to please the chocolate lover. The dough needs to be refrigerated at least 3 hours so plan accordingly. I chilled mine overnight. The pretty crinkle sugar pattern is created when the dough expands during baking and the sugar dusting splits apart. Happy holiday baking!
Fudgy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Adaped from What’s Gaby Cooking
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups of granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 cups of unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar for dusting, set aside in a shallow bowl
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a standup mixer, blend the cocoa, oil and sugar together for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix through.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and add gradually to the chocolate mixture until just blended.
- Grease your hands with a bit of oil. Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop a tablespoon of batter then roll it into the powdered sugar to coat it. Place the cookie on the prepared baking sheet. The cookies will expand as they bake so space them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the center of the oven. Let them cool a few minutes before handling as the cookies will be very soft. Slide the parchment paper off gently and leave the cookies to cool on it completely before storing in an airtight container.
This recipe was my contribution to a cookie exchange at my friend Cate’s. Look at some of her festive, cookie-themed décor. It is one of my favorite traditions at the holidays and totally gets me in the spirit!
You had me at easy Johanne! They look so cute, and chocolate is always welcome! Your cookie party looks like so much fun! Merry Merry!
Cookies are a challenge for me Jenna so easy is always what I look for in a recipe! I’m still thinking of your smoked mac n’cheese! 🙂