With summer entertaining upon us, this is a great make-ahead salad that holds up well on the buffet table. I first tasted it at a potluck where it was served to rave reviews and the recipe shared with me. It has great texture, flavor and crunch. I mean, crisp bacon, cheese and cauliflower all in one bowl. What’s not to love? I added cherry tomatoes and substituted blue cheese dressing for mayonnaise in my version and reduced the sugar in half. Crowd pleaser in a bowl!
7 Layer Cauliflower Salad
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 head of cauliflower, cored, leaves removed, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 cups mayonnaise or blue cheese dressing
- 4 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 pound of bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- In a large bowl, layer the ingredients in the order listed, starting with the lettuce on the bottom. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Toss well before serving.
Thank you Renate for this delicious recipe!